Sean Maher's Quality Control

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Setbacks: What comes next?

Ran into several walls yesterday. The interview I was really excited about? The guy showed up 20 minutes late and, on account of being late, didn't really want to talk to me. Had other stuff to worry about, and kinda gave me the kiss-off. I think I could have had that one in my pocket if given the chance to do a real interview, but there's no use crying over spilt milk, right?

Gotta get back up on the horse. Plenty to do yet.

(For example, between my typing the above sentence and typing this one, I got a callback for an interview tomorrow. Will wonders never cease? Keep your guard up, your chin in tight, and dance, baby, dance!)

Oh, and I've got to do some kind of pop culture mention, right? The whole point of the blog being to promote comics (and other stuff) that get me excited?

Okay, well this morning, it's this:



I've been meaning to get Sailing the Seas of Cheese by Primus for years now, particularly because of the Tom Waits guest vocal, but I've just recently gotten into kind of a Les Claypool "thing" (not unlike my parallel Bob Dylan "thing", which is going swimmingly, thank you), and needed a quick Amoeba pick-me-up yesterday. This was just six bucks. It's great.

Wish me luck. I've gotta go dance some more.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:58 AM, Blogger m b blissett said…

    I love this album, I recommend Pork Soda as well, if only for 'My Name is Mud', which has a bassline that sounds like an earthquake in a rubber band factory!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com