Sean Maher's Quality Control

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The ol' crystal ball...

New comics tomorrow, and a few things I'm excited about.

American Virgin #1 is the latest of a series of Vertigo launches, probably designed to flesh out the imprint as a few strong, long-running titles wind down to a close (Lucifer, The Losers, etc.). The premise doesn't really sound like my cup of tea, but Becky Cloonan's art is a can't-miss for me after her amazing work on last year's Demo mini-series.

Authority Revolution Book 2 TP closes out Ed Brubaker's run on the title, and I'm curious to see where he went with it.

Fables #47, presumably, continues the series' tradition of excellence.

Hard Time Season 2 #4 should be interesting, especially after the disturbing closing scene of last issue.

Fell #4 costs two bucks and it's done by Warren Ellis and Ben Templesmith. The math does itself.

Hysteria One Man Gang #1 is from an artist I really loved on his Queen & Country arc. I'm keeping my eye on Mr.

Invincible #29.... hell, I've been on a big fat Invincible kick lately. Just loving the book.

Retro Rocket #1, I would have forgotten if not for the first lady of MillarWorld, the brilliant Mo Rhyo. I've enjoyed writer Tony Bedard's work in the past (CrossGen's Negation was pretty good, actually) so I'll give this puppy a shot.

Socom SEAL Team Seven GN is kind of a maybe for me. The U.S. Navy vs. Atlantis sounds kinda cool, and the art looks spectacular, but I don't really have the military hard-on the writer has. I met him last year and he mentioned about eight thousand times that he'd been in the Marines, so I'm wondering if he and I aren't charmed by different muses.

AiT/PlanetLar's Sky Ape King Of Girls One Shot is on my couch right now - got mine a little early, ha ha ha haaa!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:21 PM, Blogger Mimi said…

    So Larry says, "Review it already, you monkey!"

     
  • At 6:55 AM, Blogger Chee said…

    You should also be able to grab BROWNSVILLE today!

    - Kleid

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com