Sean Maher's Quality Control

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Stick and move, stick and move

What kind of Quality Controller would I be if I found this photo of notorious comics blogger McMillan the Villain and didn't share? Beware this cagey and vicious gentleman of the night...



*****

Zilla beats me to the punch again with his review of Invincible #29, which did indeed kick fucking ass. Lots of drama in Kirkman's writing, but the show belongs to Ryan Ottley and Bill Crabtree, I gotta say. It's an intense extrrrrrravaganza, yes it is, and I'm hopeful that the story will return to Mark's life on Earth and all the cool subplots that have been building up over the last year or so. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed seeing Nolan in action again, but I miss the cast Kirkman's spent so much time developing.



*****

The Isotope Communique has a 25-page preview of AiT's upcoming Continuity, for those of you who may be having a slow comics week this Wednesday. Plenty of reading there... I'm off to check it out.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger Jason said…

    Invincible is one of the few books I occasionally buy solely for the art.

    Ottley is a monster.

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger Sean Maher said…

    No joke. S'funny... I rarely think to mention that when I'm describing why Invincible is cool, but it's one of my favorite things about the book, and there are always new little bits that blow me away.

    I think Crabtree deserves a lot of money and women, too, for his coloring; suits the art perfectly.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com