Sean Maher's Quality Control

Friday, May 26, 2006

Learning how to smile

Garumph. Wanted to do a full post today - including an advance review for a book I'm really psyched about - but I have to go to work earlier than I thought.

Ah, hell. Still, there are things I can point to left and right...

*****

First of all, I'm famous. I've been interviewing Mark Waid, been asked for pull-quotes for the backs of books I've reviewed, I'm dead sexy, and now I've been quoted in an Ait/PlanetLar press release.

Larry, Mimi and Josh are going back to press with DEMO, Jax Epoch and Electric Girl and I get to tell you what I think about that here.

*****

I've been talking about artist Mike Hawthorne for a while, having loved pretty much everything of his I've seen. We've got more stuff coming up, and thanks to an e-mail from The Man himself, I tracked down some preview art from his forum:

From his upcoming Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles issue(s):




And from an upcoming project titled Salem:



More art and details at the links.

*****

More art, also, at the CBR previews for 24seven and Remender's upcoming addition to Fear Agent, "Tales of the Fear Agent".

"[24seven editor Ivan] Brandon maintains that 24seven is not simply Flight featuring robots," though that seems as effective a pitch as I could possibly need. 'Specially with art from Eduardo Risso, Mike Huddleston, Rob G and more.



Characteristically, Rick Remender is less shy, tell us "The people involved so far [in the upcoming Fear Agent back-up stories] are a mixed bag of big names and under recognized geniuses." Given a list including Steve Niles, EJ Su, Kieron Dwyer, Eric Powell and Jason Latour, I'm inclined to agree.



*****

Yes, I know there ain't no finish line, I know this never ends
I'm just learning how to fall and climb back up again
...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com