Sean Maher's Quality Control

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Best Week

Ugh. The comics internet is leaving a bad taste in my mouth today.

So here's a dose of my own personal mouthwash.

Ash and I are having a good time, for sure.

*****

Oh, mother of God. The best week of my whole life is coming up.

First, from October 6th through the 8th, the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass music festival hits Golden Gate Park for three days of free music, including Elvis Costello, Earl Scruggs, Emmylou Harris, Steve Earle, T Bone Burnett and Gillian Welch.

Then, on October 9th and 10th, Shane Macgowan rejoins the Pogues - one of my favorite three or four bands ever - for two concerts at the legendary Fillmore, one of my favorite music venues in the whole city. This is a once-in-a-lifetime chance for me, and I can't wait to see these guys, and Shane especially.

Then, on October 12th, the Hubert Selby documentary I discovered back in may - HUBERT SELBY JR: It/ll Be Better Tomorrow - comes to the Yerba Buena Center For The Arts, and I've already got tickets for both screenings.

I mean, God damn. How often does that much cool stuff happen at once?

2 Comments:

  • At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good god, man, I want to buy a Pogues ticket, but $65 is REAL rich for me. That is a tough call.

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger Sean Maher said…

    HA!

    Try $175, or so.

    $65 was the starting price back in May.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com